Monday, 28 December 2009
Thursday, 24 December 2009
- No, you can have turkey like everyone else!
- Knock, knock
- Who's there?
- Mary & Abby
- Mary & Abby who?
- Mary Christmas & Abby New Year.
- Knock! Knock!
- Who's there?
- Arthur who?
- Arthur any mince pies left?!
- Why was Santa's helper feeling blue?
- He had low elf esteem.
Darth Vader: "Luke, I know what you are getting for Christmas - I have felt your presents"
- Doctor, doctor, my problem is that I keep stealing things when I go Christmas shopping. Can you give me something for it?
- Doctor: Try this medicine...and if it doesn't work come back and bring me a new video camera.
Wednesday, 16 December 2009
Friday, 4 December 2009
I've found an interesting reading exercise that you can do, but first, watch this video. Have fun!
Friday, 13 November 2009
Wednesday, 11 November 2009
Sunday, 8 November 2009
Then, you can do this quiz from the BBC Learn English website:
In the classroom
A couple of interesting websites:
A guide for teenagers (A guide for teenagers on coping with going back to school. )
Long school holidays should end (A BBC article (2008) about a study suggesting that some school pupils in the UK are falling behind in class because the summer holidays are too long.)
Sunday, 25 October 2009
Now some quizzes from the BBC Learning English website:
And a crossword from the BBC Learning English website:
Sunday, 18 October 2009
Why don't you test your knowledge of sports with this quiz? You can try this game too. Another quiz: Do, play or go?
In the past, a quiz from the BBC Learning English Website.
And remember that you have lots of resources on this website:
Sunday, 27 September 2009
In case you are interested, here is a set of posters for your classroom.
Thursday, 24 September 2009
Finally, a couple of listening exercises:
Watch the video about the origins of hot dogs and then play the game.
Sunday, 20 September 2009
Saturday, 20 June 2009
Summer holidays are already here. Remember that it is very important to revise what you have learned this year. Here are a few tips on things that you can do this summer.
- Download some audiobooks and listen to them while you are sunbathing on the beach.
- Alternatively, if you prefer traditional books, you could get hold of some graded readers.
- Black Cat Graded Readers (Step 1-2). Vicens Vives
- Cambridge English Readers (Level 2). C.U.P.
- Macmillan Readers (Elementary Level). Macmillan
- Oxford Bookworms (Stage 1-2). O.U.P.
- Black Cat Graded Readers (Step 2-3). Vicens Vives
- Cambridge English Readers (Level 2-3). C.U.P.
- Macmillan Readers (Pre-Intermediate Level). Macmillan
- Oxford Bookworms (Stage 3). O.U.P.
- Finally, Spain is full of English-speaking people at this time of year, so don't be shy and talk to them (in English, of course).
Have a lovely summer!
Thursday, 28 May 2009
Tuesday, 26 May 2009
I've just found some interesting texts with exercises where you have to match words in the text with their definitions (you did a similar exercise in the reading exam). I hope you find them useful.
Teenage Issues_Student's Worksheet
Holiday Choices_Student's Worksheet
Wednesday, 20 May 2009
Uses of the Present Perfect
For / since 1
For / since 2
Present Perfect or Simple Past?
Present Perfect or Simple Past? 1
Present Perfect or Simple Past? 2
First Conditional 1
First Conditional 2
Second Conditional 1
Second Conditional 2
Don't have to / mustn't
Don't have to / mustn't 1
Don't have to / mustn't 2
Countable and uncountable nouns
Countable and uncountable nouns 1
Countable and uncountable nouns 2
How much / How many? 1
How much / How many? 2
Some / any
Comparatives and superlatives
Comparatives and superlatives 1
Comparatives and superlatives 2
Thursday, 7 May 2009
Wednesday, 6 May 2009
Sunday, 3 May 2009
I've found these exercises that you can do, in case you want more practice on Have and Have Got.
Exercise 1_Have or Has?
Exercise 3_Have/Have Got?
Exercise 4_Be/Have Got?
You can also do the following listening exercise about the first case of swine flu in Spain.
Thursday, 23 April 2009
BBC Learning English_Olympics 2008
International Olympic Committee
Why don't you test your knowledge of sports with this quiz? You can try this game too.
Now listen to `We are the champions´ and do the activities. You can check your answers here.
Here is a powerpoint presentation on prepositions of place and movement that you might find interesting.
Monday, 13 April 2009
Thursday, 2 April 2009
Exercise 4 (Some / any)
In class, some people wanted to know more about the origins of Easter. If you want, you can read this text about the subject.
Wednesday, 1 April 2009
Saturday, 28 March 2009
Friday, 27 March 2009
Thursday, 26 March 2009
Sunday, 22 March 2009
Saturday, 21 March 2009
Thursday, 19 March 2009
Then, watch the first part of the film Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and do this activity.
Friday, 6 March 2009
Monday, 23 February 2009
Thursday, 19 February 2009
Wednesday, 18 February 2009
Do you want to revise your tenses? Then, try this quiz.
Watch these videos and do the activities. You have got the worksheet of True Blue and, if you click here, you can download the key.
If you want more practice on the Present Perfect, listen to this song and do this activity.
Monday, 16 February 2009
Friday, 13 February 2009
If you want to practise your reading skills, here you have another text on the rise of Zara . Click here to get the answers.
You can also read this article on clothing sizes (and listen to it too).
Here you can find a listening exercise on verbs to talk about clothes.
Check what you have learned with this quiz.
Friday, 6 February 2009
1) Learn more about the natural world with this Ppt Presentation.
2) Test what you have learned with this animal quiz.
3) Want a challenge? Then, try this game. You have to press 1, 2, or 3 on your keyboard to select the correct answer.
1) If you want to know more about the life of Darwin and practise your listening skills, click here. Listen to the recording and choose the right answer.
2) Do you want to brush up your animal vocabulary? Why not try this quiz?
Friday, 30 January 2009
Wednesday, 28 January 2009
I´ve just discovered this very interesting podcast. For those of you who are not familiar the term, a podcast is an audio file that you can subscribe to, so that you don’t have to visit a website to listen to it. This is the first one of a series.
You can do the following activities while you listen.
When you finish, you can read the transcript.
I´ll try to include listening exercises here using this podcast. However, if you want to subscribe to this podcast, or find out more about it, go to http://www.britishcouncil.org/learnenglish-podcasts-elementary.htm.
Sunday, 25 January 2009
Vocabulary - More Verb Phrases:
Wednesday, 21 January 2009
Sunday, 18 January 2009
If you need more practice on the contents of lesson 3D, here you can find some interesting resources:
Prepositions of Time (in, at, on):
Connectors (and, but, or):
Thursday, 8 January 2009
Here we are again. If you click on the following image, you will be able to listen to an interesting programme called Grammar Challenge:
- First, you can listen to an explanation of Going to / Present Continuous to talk about future plans.
- Then, teacher and student try to arrange a meeting. Here is the student's diary: http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/grammarchallenge/pdfs/gc_32_future_plans_diary.pdf
- Read the explanation: http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/grammarchallenge/pdfs/gc_32_future_plans_explanation.pdf
- Pracise what you have learned:
If you found it interesting, you can also download or subscribe to this programme's podcast.